This dish is quite popular in many Chinese restaurant in Indonesia, I think probably many Chinese restaurants. It is basically a mixed stir-fried vegetables with some meat or shrimps or whatever you want/have at home. It is so simple and easy and perfect way to use up left over vegetables.
Total time: 20 minutes
300 g Broccoli, cut into medium size
2 Carrots, sliced
100 g Mushrooms, sliced
150 g Chicken breast, cut into small pieces
150 g Shrimp
3 Garlic, minced
2 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 tbsp Fish sauce
2 tsp Corn starch + 4 tsp water
1 cup Water
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Heat up a wok/pan with vegetable oil in medium, throw in the garlic and onion, stir for a few seconds until it’s fragrant
- Add in shrimp and chicken, stir until it’s cooked.
- Combine with mushroom, carrots, and broccoli with water, oyster sauce, and fish sauce. Cover with a lid. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Stir the mixed vegies, add salt & pepper.
- Bring the heat to high, once the water its boiling, add in the corn starch mix, stir the vegies quickly and turn off the heat.
- Ready to serve.