I love eating fried Tempe and I like to cook it simple so I doesn’t over power the taste of Tempe itself. If I just want to eat it as a simple snack or as side dish, I would go for this recipe. It doesn’t take more than 30 minutes and it’s delicious. I would say it’s still a healthy snack, even with the deep fry method is involved… 🙂
Total time: 20 minutes
400 g Tempe, sliced
2 cup Hot Water
2 pcs Garlic
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Chicken powder (alternative: vegetable powder)
Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Grind together garlic, salt, and coriander.
- Mix it with hot water, add in the chicken powder.
- Add in the sliced Tempe. Leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat a pan with vegetable oil in high heat.
- Once the oil is heated (you can check with a wooden chopstick, if it has bubble, it means its ready), throw in the Tempe one by one. Because it consists a lot of water, the oil might be splashy.
- Fry until it’s golden brown. Take the Tempe out and place them on the kitchen pepper, so that the oil is absorbed.
- Ready to serve, with rice, or just as snack.