This is a quick and delicious recipe that I did when there are not many ingredients in the fridge. Buy hey, it worked and I would love to make this more often… 🙂 I love the smell and the taste of basil, but not very often I can find fresh Thai basil. Luckily I can still find frozen one in Germany. It can work also with the fresh Italian basil if that’s what you have at home. so, Enjoy cooking. 🙂
Total time: 15 minutes
400 g Pork minced
1 tbsp Chopped garlic
2 tbsp Fish sauce
1 tbsp Sweet soy sauce
1 pcs Chili chop (optional)
1 handful Basil (I use frozen one here)
3 pcs. Eggs
Fresh Basil leaves
- Pre-heat a non-sticky flat pan with 2 tbsp vegetable oil on medium.
- Beat the eggs with a little bit of salt. Place them onto the heated pan. Flip them once the egg is firm enough to prevent the breakage. Once it’s cooked, set aside.
- Using the same pan, add 2 tbsp oil. Add in the minced pork. Sauté until it’s cooked.
- Add the chopped garlic, chilies, and frozen basil. Mix together with the pork.
- Season with fish sauce and sweet soy sauce. Cook for another minute or two until all the sauce has incorporated with the meat.
- Ready to serve together with the omelet anf rice. Garnish with basil.