This light and healthy soup is perfect for chilly and rainy weather. And yes, even in summer! Rainy day in Summer in Germany can be quite chilly and sometimes what I need is just a light, healthy, and tasty soup. Does it sound like what you feel too? To make this soup, the preparation is the key and the key to its taste is the garlic & shallots crisp & oil. So, making it too much is not a problem. If you don’t use all of them, you can keep it in a glass jar for later. You also don’t have to put everything at once, you can also add in later when you are about to serve. Enjoy this warm & delicious soup!
Total Time: 30 minutes
200 g Fish balls
200 g Wood ear mushroom, soaked in hot water for a few minutes until it’s softened, sliced thin.
150 g Tofu skin, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes until it’s softened
150 g Dried Lily flower, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes until it’s softened
200 g Enoki mushroom, cut the ending
100 g Baby corn
2 pcs. Carrots, cut into 0,5 cm thick
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1,5 – 2 liter Water
100 g Vermicelli, soaked in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside
Crispy garlic & shallots
¼ cup Vegetable oil
2 pcs. Shallots, chopped
4 pcs. Garlic, chopped
- Prepare all the dried ingredients by soaking them in water. It’s best to do it separately as they need to be soaked in different time and it is also to prevent uneven readiness of the ingredients.
- Prepare the crispy garlic & shallots in a pan. Pre-heat a pan in a medium heat with vegetable oil. Fry the garlic and shallots until it’s golden brown, set aside. It’s best to turn off the heat when it starts to become golden color, because it will be still cooking for a few minutes even after the heat is off.
- In a pot, boil 1 liter of water. Throw in carrots and baby corn first, cook for about 2-3 minutes until it’s half cooked.
- Continue to add the fish balls and the rest of ingredients (except vermicelli)
- Let it cook for about 5-10 minutes, season with salt and sugar. Add water little by little if you think it’s not enough.
- Fragrant the soup with crispy garlic & shallots. Ready to serve in a bowl with Vermicelli.